hi prea prez,
i’ve pulled you into an online version of the chain letter – read here for more:
Here’s the deal:
– Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
– Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
– Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
– Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
On the one hand, I am honored that you tagged me and list me on your blogroll. I really like your blog and the way you make complex education issues a whole lot easier to understand (although I’m still struggling with the value added model thing you ran).
On the other hand, I don’t love these tag memes. But just because it’s you:
1. I never voted in an election until I was 37 years old. It was for Harold Washington for Mayor of Chicago. Even though I vote in every election now, those were the only two times I voted and felt no regret.
2. The most famous person I ever met was Muhammad Ali. We shook hands at an anti-Vietnam War demo in LA. I met Yoko Ono at an anti-Iraq War demo in NY. She shook my grand daughter’s hand. Anti-war demos are good places to meet famous people.
3. I compulsively read the NY Times obituaries and the wedding announcements in the Sunday Times.
4. I can name all the starting players on the 1957 Dodgers, but none on the 2007.
5. I will watch any movie directed by Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee or Orson Welles.
6. I like teaching today more than any time I have done it (twenty-five years).
7. I consider myself a foodie, but nothing is as satisfying as spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread and a salad.
To those I tagged, forgive me: