A copy of a letter from Harold Levy for upcoming private seminar for investors on making money on education:
I’m chairing The Capital Roundtable’s ENCORE full-day conference —
Private Equity Investing In
For-Profit Education Companies —
How Breakdowns in Traditional Models
& Applications of New Technologies Are Driving
Tuesday, January 15, in New York City
Sponsored by —
• Drinker Biddle & Reath, LLP
• Parthenon Group LP
I was formerly Chancellor of the New York City School System, and am now
managing director at Palm Ventures in Greenwich, Conn.
Palm is a family office that invests in for-profit education and other
ventures with a positive and transformative effect on society.
I lead the education practice, capitalizing on my experience in education
and finance. In the past, I was executive vice president and general
counsel of Kaplan Inc., the first director of Global Compliance for
Citigroup, and head of litigation at Salomon Brothers.
I have served on the boards of a number of academic institutions and
for-profit education companies. Secretary of Education Arnie Duncan
appointed me to be a member of the C0mmittee on Measures of Student
Success. I am presently on the board of the Roosevelt Institute, the
National Dropout Prevention Center and the American College of Greece, and
a member of the Presidential Advisory Committee of Teachers College,
I’ll be joined by 20 knowledgeable private equity professionals, senior
executives, consultants, accountants, and regulators who are involved in
the education sector, including —
• David F. Bainbridge, Veronis Suhler Stevenson LLC
• James A. Bland, HCP & Co.
• George Cigale, Tutor.com Inc.
• David Hoverman, Parthenon Group LLC
• Jeffrey Keith, Sterling Partners
• Victor Klatt, Penn Hill Group
• Timothy B. Loomer, Campus Management Corp.
• Robert Lytle, Parthenon Group LLC
• Michael P. McQueeney, Summer Street Capital Partners LLC
• H. John Michel, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
• Jason Palmer, Straighterline
• Ralph Protsik, BSG Team Ventures
• John R. Przypyszny, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
• Robert T. Puopolo, Epic Partners
• Adarsh K. Sarma, Warburg Pincus LLC
• Joshua N. Schwartz, East Wind Advisors LLC
• Stuart J. Udell, Catapult Learning LLC
• Carol Vallone, Educate Online Inc.
• David L. Warnock, Camden Partners Holdings LLC
• Ralph A. Wolff, Western Association of Schools & Colleges
You will hear where this group has found compelling investment
opportunities in the education market, what key criteria they use in
assessing education related investments, how they have navigated the
ever-changing regulatory/funding environment (including the possibility of
sequestration) and avoided certain industry-specific pitfalls, and how
these professionals are driving growth/returns in today’s complex education
Plus, this conference helps foster contacts and connections in a one-on-one
environment. Our agenda includes ample time, with session breaks and an
open lunch, when you can exchange ideas and business cards with fellow
attendees and featured speakers.
To register while space is still available, please phone *Mara Kane*
ext. 0. Or click on this
I look forward to seeing you on January 15th!
Harold O. Levy